How to Make Your Time Useful – the Best 3 Time Management Techniques
You want to make your time useful – to make the most of it. We all have the same amount of time available to us. How you use it is often the difference between winning and losing. There’s a lot to get through every day, and it is important to make every minute count. With these 3 powerful time management techniques, you can get more of your to-do list done every day. No more procrastination or time spent on the less important things.
These 3 tips will help you be more organized and productive and will help you achieve more every day. Learn, practice, and watch your career soar!
How to Make Your Time Useful with These 3 Techniques
1. The Pomodoro Technique
The Pomodoro technique is one of the most popular ways to make the best use of your time. Put simply the technique involves dividing your work into short sessions with mini breaks in between. The reason this technique works so well is that it helps keep you focused throughout your work session. Let’s get into detail on the steps you need to take to use this method:
- First things first, remove all distractions
- Select a task that you want to focus on for this session
- Set the timer for the recommended time of 25 mins.
- Stay focused on your task till the timer ends.
- Take a short 5 min break
- Every 4 intervals take longer breaks of 20 to 30 mins.
- Repeat as many times as necessary till your task is complete.
2. Eat that frog
Eat that frog is one of the less commonly used time management techniques, however, it is very effective. The key concept behind the ‘eat that frog’ method is to complete the most important tasks of your day first. The reason this works so well is that we have the most motivation when we first wake up in the morning. By completing the most challenging task first, we leave less room to make excuses as to why we can’t finish it later, which of course increases our productivity. The steps you need to take are the following:
- Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete throughout the day
- Identify the most unpleasant and challenging tasks (frogs).
- First thing in the morning, eat that frog!
3. The Seinfeld Method
Jerry Seinfeld is best known for being one of the most successful comedians of all time. One of his productivity secrets to achieving his amazing success is the Seinfeld time management method. What this method basically involves is getting a great big calendar and for every day that you complete the task that you need to do, you can put a big X on that day. The reason this works is that after a few weeks you will see a chain that you would not want to break. It takes willpower out of the picture since all you have to do is not break that chain. Here is our suggestion for how you can best carry out the Seinfeld method.
- Get a calendar, put it up somewhere you can clearly see it
- For every important daily task, you need to do, associate it with a letter (e.g. Gym can be G)
- Each day you complete that task write the letter on the calendar for that day
- After a few days/ weeks, you will start to see a chain.
- Don’t break that chain!